Thursday, 23 February 2012

To DSLR or Not to DSLR...That is the Question

So Day 2 of this challenge was very difficult...it was to find and read the camera manual.  First it took me an hour to find the manual.  When I did find it, it was only 6 pages long.  Then I looked in the box that the camera came in again and saw a CD in there.  This was where the manual was.  So after uploading it I went through the task of actually reading it...very dull and frustrating.  I was given a list of things to figure out on how to change settings and stuff.  One was to check the shutter speed.  There was no mention in the manual about shutter speed.  After reading the review of camera I learned that I can't control that on my camera.  It turns out that there are a lot of things I can't control on my camera because it's a point and click.

All of this made me was to go out right away and drop I don't know how much $$$ on a DSLR.  Then I looked at my bank account and realized that was not an option at moment.  This led to me closing my laptop and pouting.  After my mild sulk, I read the review about the camera that I do have and there are a LOT things that my camera does do and it's actually pretty good, although I think my mom bought for me because it was a red camera.  And it is a gift so I mean I'm lucky enough to gotten one.


Anyways the next few assignments are about shutter speed and aperture which I have no control over so I though I would post some old pictures I took which I really like.  The first is of my husband chilling out during rib fest.  This was his post-eating pre-napping position.



This next photo is of my friend during his first Muy Thai fight.  I love that everything around him is blurry except for him and the whole effect is really cool, although completely unintentional.


These were both taken on my old point and shoot canon.  What camera do you normally use to take photos: Point and shoot, DSLR, or Blackberry/Iphone?

1 comment:

  1. I used point and shoots for a long while, but eventually went SLR after crossing the 5000 picture mark on more than one point and shoot:P I used to keep a point and shoot around, so I could take pictures on the go, but my iPhone's replaced that... So, i'd probably say that i take more pictures with my iPhone, but every now and then, I pull out my canon t1i SLR and take a whole bunch of awesome pictures

    ReplyDelete