Okay so I have some really exciting news, I got a NEW camera. A Cannon Rebel DSLR to be exact. I got it last weekend from the Henry's outlet out in Mississauga last weekend, which by the way is a great store to get stuff. They have an open box warranty which means if you buy an open box camera you get a free 3 year warranty on the camera and the case was half off as well.
So this is a picture of the old camera...which by the way is still an awesome camera
And this a picture of the new camera.
With lots of dials and knobs
And LOTS of buttons to play with
I'm actually a little scared of it to tell you the truth. When I bought it I took it out of the box when I got home, looked at it, and then went out for a run. I think my husband must think that I'm nuts because he just wants to start playing around with it right away, but I would rather take my time and learn about each feature for a but.
Next week...Shutter speed!
Don't be intimidated by the new settings -- realistically, you can simplify it down to two new settings, aperture and shutter speed. Expect the apature setting to confuse the hell out of you. lower number = bigger aperture, bigger aperture = less stuff in focus (blurry background).. but really, your best move is to pick a setting (almost any) take a couple of pictures with different whatever-that-setting-is, and see the differences
ReplyDeletethe "main dial" is that round thing next to the picture taking button
..and the last gotcha is the button to take a video is the one next to the red dot, to the right of the eye hole (gotta switch to movie mode, but yeah.. )